Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

Wednesday afternoon, I headed to my aunt and uncle's house in St. Mary's for a much needed break from real life. Their home is right on the water and always provides an escape.
T
The rest of the family came down on Thursday to celebrate the holiday. It didn't feel much like the start of the holiday season, with temps in the mid-70s. I'll take it though! Any holiday you can spend in the warm sunny outdoors, is a good holiday by me. 
My aunt set out all of the autumn decorations. Everything looked perfect. 
I was reminded once again how blessed we are to have such an abundance of food and family. 
My cousin went hunting on Wednesday and brought us home duck. We also had stuffed ham, turkey, oysters and more. There's nothing better than fresh oysters. I hadn't had wood duck before and the taste was much sweeter and less gamey than I expected. My uncle told me they have that flavor because they feast on the farmers' sweet corn. 
The turkey was so moist after cooking on the Big Green Egg
Isn't that turkey a beaut!
I made these Cookies 'N Cream Oreo Brownies for our dessert. 
To call them chocolate nirvana might be the understatement of the century.
 We were missing Lou, Patti and Lauren, but got a pretty decent picture of the rest of the Gibbons' girls. It's rare to find one that everyone likes, so we go with whatever we can get!



What was your favorite part of this Thanksgiving? Do you have any favorite recipes to share?





4 comments:

  1. What a pretty view! Hope you guys had a great time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, and what an amazing view of that lake! Those brownies and that turkey looked so yummy. We spent a lovely Thanksgiving weekend, the weather was fantastic over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos - and sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is all so utterly idyllic, what a place to live and the food looks amazing.
    You're so lucky, my family is just me and my mum, I'd love to be part of something bigger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!