Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Bit of Inspiration




Today Connie inspired me. 

She's choosing happiness in the face of overwhelming stress and turbulence. 

Last week, I found myself in the depths of winter dreariness and I kept trying to readjust my focus and regain perspective. 

It is so encouraging to see that other people do the same; that I'm not the only one who has days where I have to actively choose happiness.  

On a lighter note, that dose of vitamin D I got from my time in the sunshine this weekend started my week in a very cheerful place!


Last night, I got to spend time with my housemate who I've been neglecting recently with all of my travels. We shared a bottle of wine over dinner and caught up on our lives and loves. 

Source: istockphoto.com via Rebecca on Pinterest


Good girlfriends are definitely one of the most valuable things in this world. You know the ones who don't mince their words, hold a mirror up to you and make you look, and get what you're trying to say without any explanation? Those are the girls to keep in your life. 

I heard a funny thing the other day from a guy - apparently, if a girl doesn't have girlfriends, it is the number one giveaway that you should run the other direction because she is either crazy or mean. 

I don't know that it's always true. 

Some girls are shy or are surrounded with crazy girls in which case, the lack of girlfriends is proof of sanity. 

I suppose though, as a general rule, it's probably pretty on point. 

What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. It's my first day back at work...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those words are SO TRUE. I want to be more like this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New reader :) Love the quotes & love the blog! I just recently spent some long over due evenings catching up with my roomies too! It was heaven - lots of laughs and good conversation. As far as your guy friend's comment, I agree with your exceptions, but as a veteran sorority girl, his statement is definitely a general rule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a tough one! Bizarrely, the vast majority of my girl friends are women who have said "I don't usually have women friends" - but now there's a whole, big group of us, so maybe they were just befriending the wrong women?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh i love this post! and the quote is so perfect! life can get you down sometimes so surrounding yourself with great ppl really helps!


    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so true! Most situations are what you make of them!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm basically in love with this post, all of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!