Thursday, March 22, 2012

Journey Forward: Clearing my Mind

This week, Chelsea's assignment for the Journey Forward Challenge is to answer these questions for you and for myself. 

"What helps you to clear your mind? Where do you go/what do you do to re-center and re-focus yourself?"

When I start to panic, nothing clears my mind like water. I can go swim laps, go sit by the river, take a walk by the harbor, if I'm lucky - go out on a boat, or in a pinch take a long hot shower. It gives me time to think, to pray, to simplify.  Something about it makes life feel better. 

Then, I take a step back and focus on the wonderful things in my life. I actively acknowledge my privileges, and put things back into perspective. 

Then, logically, I realize that no matter how bad things are, I will have food to eat, clothes to wear and people who love me. How bad can things really be? 

This does not mean that life will go smoothly or the problems will go away. It just means that life will continue, and everything will work out in the way it should. My role is to do the best I possibly can do as I continue along through it. 

Be sure to check in on the other Journey Forward Entries!




So, now I ask you:

 "What helps you to clear your mind? Where do you go/what do you do to re-center and re-focus yourself?"

4 comments:

  1. Such a great post, I really like it, these pics are so nice!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to get lost in a book. :) Their problems are always worse than mine, yet they always get resolved. If I don't have time to read a book then anything with water is a close second. There is definitely something soothing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya!

    Just hopped over from Chelsea's link-up and so glad I did. I am your newest follower. Water is indeed very relaxing. I grew up by the sea, and my family have always been super chilled. There must be something about looking out at a vast expanse of water and realising how small and insignificant our problems can sometimes be.

    Great blog, can't wait to read more!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/journey-forward-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Rebecca! The fact that you chose water is so unique and interesting! I've always considered the beach to be a place for me to re-charge my battery but I love all the different points about water that you made! And you're right, no matter how bad things may seem at the time, we are alive and always have so much to be grateful for :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!