Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cape May

Had a lovely weekend in Cape May! Here are some photos:

 It was so lucky that the weather was perfect all weekend!  I took the ferry from Lewes to Cape May and it was dark and stormy. The ferry is a great way to travel. The entertainment on board definitely took me by surprise! I found a spot on the balcony and situated myself for a nice quiet read. Little did I know, the ferry is a happening spot on Friday evenings. Let me tell you, people were there to party. We got underway and a live band started rocking out hard, and the dance floor (yes, there was a real dance floor) was filled instantly. It was pretty funny because the water was a bit choppy and as the boat rocked side to side, the entire mass of people on the dance floor shifted with the tilt of the boat. Needless to say, I did not get much reading done.

Everything cleared up beautifully though on Saturday, and it made for a great day on the boat. I dove in the ocean as soon as we dropped anchor. It was FREEZING. After a minute, I adjusted though, and enjoyed every bit of the salt water. It is so refreshing after time in chlorine filled, lukewarm swimming pools!

It is so interesting how different coastal towns are from one another. I spent the end of last week in Ocean City, MD for a conference and it was nothing like Cape May and Stone Harbor. They each had their own vibes as well. I wonder what gives each town its flavor? Architecture contributes, but personalities do as well.





Sunset over the marina


The Wetlands
 All in all, a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!